View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
canadian_man_44

vCash: 500
I met Patrick Roy right after he became an owner of the Quebec Rampart. He was traveling with the team and was in Bathurst, N.B. where I lived at the time. I wore my Habs jersey to the game just in case. Anyway, during the intermission one of my buddies ran up and said "Patrick Roy is signing autographs in the owners box." I went there only to find a line all the way down the stairs. We waited for 15 minutes and just barely got to the top of the stairs when the security guard put his arms up and told everyone the game was about to start again and we would need to go back down. At this point there were about 12 people still ahead of me. I stepped out of the line to go back down when my buddy grabbed my arm and stopped me. Patrick Roy was pointing back at me and saying something in French which I didn't understand because I don't speak French. My buddy says, "he just said he wanted to sign your jersey." I was led past all the others and got to meet the guy whose posters covered my wall as a teenager and I got my jersey autographed. Really cool guy. Got to talk to him for about 5 minutes.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote