View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
RangersChamps2417

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I wonder if this is how fans of the 2008 Penguins, 2009 Blackhawks, and 2010 Bruins felt. As someone mentioned in a terrific post in the post-game thread, a team usually has to go on a deep run and experience heartbreak before they win the cup.
Next year's team has the potential to be better than they are this year. The young players will be more experienced, a full season of Staal (and Kreider), and hopefully players like Richards and Dubi (if still on the team) will bounce back. This playoff run may be instrumental in helping the team get to the next level if they can't pull it off this year.
This is it right there. In order for a team to win, they often have to learn to lose in a big situation first. Look at the Mets in the early 80's as a model. They had great young players, but would always fall a little short and lose to the Cardinals. With a few addins here and there, they went all the way and won in 86! Also, the great Oilers Teams of the 80's got swept by the Kings and lost in the Cup finals to the Islanders before they went on their dynasty run. Even the Yankees. They won in 95 but lost in the playoffs in 1996, and then went on their dynasty run. Building a great young team takes time for it to mature. I have a good feeling that we will be a great great team for the next 5 years or so. Kreider looks like the real deal and McD, Stepan, Hags, Cally are all great already. Times are good gentlemen. The thing that sucks most is losing to the rival Devils and having to hear all the scum band wagon fans talk ****. We'll be the ones laughing for the next few years though

The series isn't over though! I will be cheering on my team until the final second goes off and theyre losing. Stranger things have happened!

RangersChamps2417 is offline   Reply With Quote