Thread: Speculation: Ryan Kesler Unhappy?
View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 04:53 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I hate Vancouver, and I have to disagree with this strongly. Vancovuer can still afford to trade Kesler for futures, but will have to work some magic with a Schneider trade or through free agency to make that work.

Vancouver without Kesler, essentially destroys the foundation of their second line, and noone in the organization is ready to step into that role. They could, in theory, find a Kesler replacement through trading Schneider or by picking up a big UFA (IE Parise).

So I wouldn't say they've missed their window. But with 32 year old Sedins, they will miss it if they trade Kesler without finding a replacement.
Obviously if the stars align they could possibly win a cup. However im refuting the fact that Nucks fans think they can stand pat and win a cup. They expect to receive a massive overpayment for the worst available contract in hockey. They have barley any cap space and feel like Luongo is a valuable asset not a contract that needs to be unloaded. At this point, somethings got to give in order to get this team over the hump. Yes there are good years in the tank, but the current mix wont get it done. IMO and thats all.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote