View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
That's a good point, and obviously the Big House at 110k or whatever they plan to get in there is going to be a lot more difficult to fill than Comerica, Wrigley or even Heinz Field was.

I think having Toronto in it is a nice safety net should Michigan be playing in the Rose Bowl. A lot of original tickets will be scooped up by Canadian fans right off the bat, and Wings/Michigan fans should have no problem selling their tickets to them on the secondary market should Michigan be playing that same day in the Rose Bowl. I am in that boat as I plan to go to the Winter Classic but would be selling should the Wolverines play in Pasadena this year. Even in the border towns like Windsor and Sarnia the majority of fans support the Leafs and will spend to be at this game.
On top of that, I'm sure plenty of people will be driving from Ohio, Indiana and Illinois just to check out the game. When I went to the first one in Buffalo, there were people from all over checking out the game including plenty of Canadians.

Did you happen to go to the Rose Bowl in 2005 against Texas? That is was probably on my top 5 of sporting events I went to even though Michigan lost. That was a crazy game. And the night before was even crazier. I was running on about an hour of sleep and I remember falling asleep on the car ride home. /memories