Thread: Milroy article
View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Guy!

vCash: 500
While many Hab fans might be alarmed, or pessimistic, about the situation in which Milroy now finds himself, I would suggest that it's all part of the maturing and learning phase that many hockey players have to go through. The fact he's having trouble cracking the lineup should in no way cause Hab lovers to consider him done and washed up as a prospect for this club; particularly since coming back from injury takes time.

In fact, I seem to recall a Mr. Ryder having serious troubles making the starting lineup early last year with those same Bulldogs. Now, you can argue that it was a much more talented lineup since it had both the Hab and Oil prospects, but I counter that this year we have some Tampa boys and as such, our record is remarkably similar to where it was last year. Cracking the lineup *is* going to be tough when things are going that well.

Patience is the catch-word he, and we as fans, have to use. Ryder was brought along slowly and has subsequently made the NHL and since Milroy's work ethic is in the same mould as that of Ryder, then I see no reason for panic at this point. Jarvis will slowly work him into the lineup, I'm sure, and once there he'll show through his hard work that he belongs and is worthy of being named a solid prospect.

A concerned fan.