View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Last summer I didn't skate much, thought I'd work out more but spent most of the summer drinking and eating too much.

This summer I went right from hockey into a weekly clinic, then right into summer league. The clinic didn't do too much (too easy or low level) but facing tougher competition this summer is making me a much better player all around.

Today I'm starting the Gary Roberts Nike training thing, so hopefully I can drop 10-15 pounds for winter league and improve my fitness and endurance. Already down about 5 pounds in the last couple weeks.

Next summer, I'm not sure. I liked playing and will probably do summer league again since I only play once a week. It would be fun to shoot hoops or play softball, but I'm an absolute beginner at both and it seems that most guys who play those sports in the summer are pretty good...hard to get your foot in the door.
FYI,

Did not lose any weight but did have my best season ever. Moved up a level and was second in the division with 19g+7a in 20 games. By far my best season statistically.

This summer I am doing the same thing, playing hockey in summer league. Also doing some cycling and occasionally lifting although probably not too much.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote