View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 07:06 PM
TwistedWrister90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I think USA Hockey will be coming into another "greatest" generation here like they did with the guys that pretty much formed the 91 Canada Cup to 02 Salt Lake City teams..

The US is still a bit behind Canada in highend skilled forwards, but I will easily stack up the US defense against Canadas as well as claim that the US goaltenders are better then Canada as well..

I think the US needs to bring a gritty and fast team to Sochi. I have seen posts saying that Buff or Orpik wont make this squad, but I believe that is dead wrong and regardless of the bigice, these guys are needed. It doesnt matter how big the ice is when you have players crashing infront of your goalie and noone capable of moving them...which Buff and Opik can. Also not sure if many have really watched Buff or Orpik skate, for bigger players I think they will do fine out there as they skate above the norm for their size. Komisarek on the other hand has no place on this team.

Here would be my early 2014 US team if the tourney was to start right now....in a years time it will likely look a bit different...

Forwards

Zach Parise - A
Patrick Kane
Ryan Kesler
Ryan Callahan - A
Dustin Brown
Max Pacioretty
David Backes
Paul Stastny
Kyle Okposo
T.J Oshie
Bobby Ryan
Joe Pavelski
Phile Kessel

Defense

Jack "Mother ****ing" Johnson - C
Ryan Suter
Brooks Orpik
Keith Yandle
Ryan McDonagh
John Carlson
Dustin Byfuglien
Justin Faulk

Goalies

Ryan Miller
Jon Quick
Jimmy Howard

Lines

Parise - Kesler - Kane - Kesler is the best US center we have period...brings size
Ryan - Stastny - Pacioretty - top line from the US at the WC, keep them together
Okposo - Pavelski - Kessel - great energy line, with scoring ability, I love this line
Brown - Backes - Callahan - this is the best line on any country, just CRUNCH!!
Oshie

J. Johnson - McDonagh - Perfect balance of offense to defense pairing
Suter - Orpik - I love this pair as well, Orpik and Suter top shutdown
Yandle - Carlson - size and skill here, can move the puck up in a second
Byfuglien - plays a defined role and hammers home the goals

extra - Faulk

Miller - #1 man until proven otherwise, end of story
Quick - could be our next Miller, but I dont know if he gets it yet
Howard - I take him over Thomas because of the future and Timmy will be 40 by then.

Overall some tough calls, but this squad has size, skill, and balance. Dont let the big ice fool you, you still need size to protect your net. Anyone arguing against Orpik must then say Chara should be gone from Slovakia...there is a place for these guys on the big ice, you just can only have 1 or 2 of them at most.

Also Justin Faulk is legit....kid makes this team over Shattenkirk, Fowler, Bogosian, Whitney, Wisniewski, Carle, Goligoski, McBain, Petry, etc... just a wicked shot, pass, and skater...had an awesome WC tournament

this US squad will be such an energy squad with Oshie, Okposo, Callahan, Backes, Ryan, Brown, Pacioretty....these dudes love to hit and play hard

I think the US can be in the Gold medal game again because their defense is strong, their goaltending is arguably the best overall, and their offense has enough goal scorers and playmakers to get leads... will be fun to see though the dreaded non North American soil will always be at play for the US and Canada
solid lineup. good to see someone else likes okposo. i think erik johnson will be there though on D. but maybe not. he played well in the last olympics

like orpik and buff as well. orpik is a beast, even with the bigger ice and buff is so versatile. i like him as the #7 d-man. i think quick will be the number 1, but goalies are harder to predict

USA hockey is lookin good

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote