View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Bobby Ryan isn't exactly innocent when it comes to diving either. He's not as bad as Kesler but I think he's the worst on the current Ducks roster.

I agree with your opinion but the surgery Kesler just had is worrisome. A healthy Kesler is a much better hockey player than Bobby Ryan though and as much as I hate his diving I would take a guy who plays hard at both ends of the ice and doesn't take weeks off at a time over a guy who coasts around all game and does very little to help a team when he's not scoring goals.
Ryan has a few but they are rare, and Kessler does it often. He's no Brown or anything, but honestly it's not close between he and Ryan. Also, I would say that Selanne dives way more often then Ryan.

Neither one of them dive very often though (Selanne and Ryan). Selanne seems to know exactly how to draw the calls. If he feels the stick between his skates, he just intentionally starts skating faster because he knows it will trip him. Ryan just has terrible balance.

As for the the original discussion:

I'd rather target someone to play with Ryan. Honestly I'd rather target someone like Brassard if Kessler is going to cost Ryan because it allows us to keep our first overall and Ryan. I'd trade Etem+1st for Kessler though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote