View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 11:23 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
if you bring in Suter per a baby Jesus miracle, then you should pair him and Leddy up. its just logical as it helps balance all our pairs out.

people keep looking past the fact that Leddy put up over 30 points this year, not a shabby chunk of change as pretty much a #4 dman....he has the skill, he just needs to learn the other end of it which is natural for all players of his age and skillset.

look at Paul Coffey and Phil Housley, they never learned the other aspect of playing defense I bet people wanted them as a #5-6 dman after their first few seasons

Leddy is an offensive dman that put up almost 40 points..in his second season. he is barely 21 years old and a bit on the smaller side. he needs to fill out some this year, but the kid is a huge part of our success now and into the future, and a guy like Suter is the perfect player to help transform him into that...Leddy is the least of this teams issues or concerns moving forward
This. I'd also say the same about Kruger (although I don't see Kruger as being as potentially helpful as Leddy...but will be happy to be wrong on that one).

I'm not a fan of Leddy-whining. First of all, I really don't think he did all that bad a job this year. Secondly, to the extent he had problems it was more to do with being put in a position he wasn't ready to handle - which isn't a mark of failure re Leddy, but more the fault of the coaches.

I like Leddy a lot and I think we benefit from having him...in a "fantasy camp" sense, I think having him paired up with Suter would be p-e-r-f-e-c-t.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote