View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
There are rumors that Ryan Suter and Zach Parise want to play together next season.
Both are unrestricted free agents to be and while Parise is still involved in the Stanley Cup playoffs, Suter's season was ended last round by the Coyotes. Detroit could be a possible destination for both as the Red Wings are a top team and apparently have the money and cap room for the American-born players. Stay tuned as this has the potential to be the biggest story in the off-season.

If that's really the case Detroit has a huge edge, most other teams can't afford to sign both, Detroit could pretty easily free up the cap room. I guess the Habs could also but Detroit always seems like a plush location for UFA's.
From Eklund's HockeyBuzz:

Quote:
On Ryan Suter

One source put it this way..."There are going to be a whole lot of disappointed teams when it comes to Suter. The places he wants to go are very limited." It appears that the Canadian teams, as well as the Eastern Conference big teams won't be able to just throw money at Suter after all. From various sources I have heard that he wants to either stay in Nashville or sign with either Colorado, Detroit, or Minnesota. When the playoffs began I would have put the chances of Suter signing in Nashville about 70%, however now I would say 45% that Suter returns....which, while it is a higher percentage than I would give to him signing with any other specific team, means I now feel the chances are slightly greater he is leaving Nashville.
Suter is supposedly a farm boy. I hope they both sign in Denver, Parise and Stastny played together in the past and looked pretty good, Suter, Parise and Stastny are also good friends. Avs have the money, cap space and young and up and coming team, who's two biggest holes are a 1st pairing LH D-man (Suter) and a top line winger (Parise).

Their NHL core (Duchene, O'Reilly, Stastny, Landeskog, EJ, Varlamov) is all under 26 year of age (Stastny being the oldest of the bunch).

They have some nice complimentary pieces in McGinn, Mueller, Downie, Hejda, O'Byrne, Olver that are fairly young with the exception of Hejda.

And they have a bunch of great young prospects on the way in Elliott (1st pairing potential), Siemens (same as Elliott), Barrie (top 4 potential), Gaunce (same as Barrie), Hishon (his health issues are a concern, but talent wise he's a top 6 center without a doubt), Sgarbossa (OHL player of the year, poor mans Hishon), Pickard (potential to be a top end to mid level NHL starter), Aittokallio (same as Pickard), Patterson (low end NHL starter potential).