View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Time for Henrik Lundqvist to be like Mike Richter

Many comparisons here between the two, and normally I like to just say that both were/are spectacular.

That said, we need Henrik to step up tonight and play the way Mike Richter did in game six at New Jersey 18 years ago today. Yes, many things are different between these two teams than they were then...but the one constant is a universal hockey truth...

We need our goalie to be spectacular tonight. If we want to reach the Stanley Cup finals, we need Hank to do what Mike Richter did in game six. Without Richter that night we lose that game 6-2, Messier has no hat trick, and his 'guarantee' means as much as all of Patrick Ewing's guarantees that the Knicks would beat the Bulls.

Before anyone changes my post to create a straw man argument...no, I do not blame Hank for the loss of any game or series. No, I do not want Hank traded. Yes, I do realize we are where we are in large part because of Hank.

But in the biggest game of his career, Mike Richter played the biggest game of his career. That's what we need from Hank tonight. You can do it Hank!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote