View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Justdrew

vCash: 500
I've got a quick question. I've seen several references to players size and weight regarding skate selection. I'm 6'4" and 252 lbs. 20 years ago I tried to get on the ice about once a week and played a handful of pickup games. I didn't touch the ice for the last 20 years. Well my 6 year old has expressed interest to learn hockey and has resparked my interest to get back out there.

I grabbed myself a pair of Easton Stealth S9 last week. I am pretty limited on my choice of brands as I wear a 14 shoe, sometimes 15. The Easton 12.5 fits perfect with my toes just brushing the front.

I have been on the ice, just recreational with my kid, 4 times this past week. I am having a problem with my right ankle rolling inwards, my left is fine and staying vertical. I imagine my ankle will get back the strength and straighten itself out.

My question is if the S9 is going to be a stiff enough boot for me? I have seen a couple great deals for either the EQ40 or the S17 for around $250. Would I be better suited with the upgrade or do you think I will be fine using the S9 to get back into the swing of things. I am looking at starting with stick and puck sessions and then getting into my local 40+ c/d pickup and leagues.

Thanks in advance
Drew