Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
To Tor:

Vinny Lecavalier

To TB:

Connolly/Lombardi
Komisarek
4th

Lots of cap coming both ways but Lombardi, Connolly and Komi all come off the books within this season or next while Vinny is signed for a long time. Just looking for a reclamation project similar to the Phaneuf deal.
Yikes! This is absolutely horrible from a Lightning perspective!

If the Leafs are going to try to acquire Lecavalier, it's likely going to take the best assets they have (and can't afford to give up), not utter garbage like Connolly, Lombardi, and Komisarek.

The only way the Leafs are going to get rid of these garbage players is by letting their horrendous contracts run out, which will happen at the end of next season with Connolly, Lomabardi, and Armstrong. If the Leafs can't buy-out Komisarek, they'll be stuck with him for an additional season.

Personally, I wouldn't try to acquire Lecavalier, simply because I don't like the length of his contract. Some may see it as a form of cap-stability, whereas I much prefer cap-flexibilty.

Besides.. the Leafs aren't going to be contenders anytime soon anyway. Why gut the farm now? Because that's what it's going to take to fill the #1 center hole.. if you try to fill it via a trade.. regardless as to whom the intended target is.

The Leafs will be better off in the long run if they just bite the bullet on these awful contracts now and continue to build primarily through the Draft. They also need to drastically cut down on the stupid signings/acquistions front.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote