Thread: Speculation: Ryan Kesler Unhappy?
View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 10:05 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
Luongo to TOR for 1st 2013, Colborne and Holzer?
OT but bear with me

from the Leafs point of view this isn't happening, it does not make any kind of sense in the real world. There is value there so I mean no disrespect at all but there is a salary cap and in saying that no matter how distasteful, the Canucks will have to take salary back to make anything around Luongo work.

If Luongo only had 7 more years on that contract instead of the 10 then something could be worked out presumably that would be highly attractive to the Canucks. As it stands one of the Canucks needs is a PM Dman, somebody like Liles would have to be that guy. Colborne and Holzer stay in Toronto however, in their place would be names like Lombardi and Blacker(who's stock has risen considerably in the AHL playoffs) and possibly Greg McKegg any 1st round draft choices would be dependant on the Leafs winning a cup within the first 3 years of Luongo arriving in Toronto

In that

Luongo for Liles + Lombardi + Blacker or McKegg + conditional 1st(13, 14 or 15) or a 2015 3rd if condition is not met

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I can't see any way the Leafs are a good trading partner with Vancouver as far as Ryan Kesler is concerned, while his skills are w/o question he is not the first line guy that they really need and if Kesler were available to the Leafs the cost would at least IMCO be counter-productive

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote