Old
11-25-2003, 11:10 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
That's why he is now rated at 6!

He's rated a 6, cause his development will be hindered, IMO. I lowered his ranking, cause I feel he is in the same situation as Josef Balej was last year. NO I am not comparing the two players! But Balej as a 1st year pro had an injury early on, missed some time, then struggled to crack a deep roster. Milroy although he didn't miss as much time, and he doesn't play on as deep a roster, but with the way things look, Milroy will have a tough time getting quality ice time. That's what happens when you have a guy like Balej playing very well, a top prosepct like Perezhogin, a top prospect like Somerveri (who didn't look very good to me, but I think he have to give him a certain amount of ice time), and a solid prospect in Ferland.

Lowering him to a 6 is not a big deal, it doesn't mean anything. I think he will be a major part of the Bulldogs team next year, but this year I don't expect much. He's highly skilled, but I find it annoying that you jump at any chance to tell us how smart you think you are.