View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 10:27 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Another example of Leafs fans proposing scraps for a star.
a fading star is what you meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bang Bang View Post
Awesome. I'm glad we could agree.

The Leafs don't want or need a 32 year old who is past him prime and is now only putting up 50-60 points with a $7.73 cap hit FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS!!!
this +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Just so all you Leaf fans are clear... this is Vinny's stats for the last 5 seasons over an 82 game season:

Games PlayedGoalsAssistsPoints

If that's not recent enough for you, last 2 years:

Games PlayedGoalsAssistsPoints

Lecavalier is a very good player. His contract sucks because it's so long, but this proposal is absolutely laughable. The fact that Leaf fans are saying no when you desperately need a center (and have needed one for years) is just typical Leaf Fan Mentality.

Brutal.

EDIT: This guy gets it:

You guys just don't have the assets to get a top-end, young, properly paid, center - unless you're moving Kessel which I am quite sure you are not.

Get with the program.
Extrapolating Vinny's last two years is a little silly no? there is nothing to say that he would have produced at the same rate during those missed contests. While Lecavalier may again play 82 games in a season(which I have reservations about) his point production per game is steadily declining:

07/08 1.14
08/09 0.87
09/10 0.85
10/11 0.83
11/12 0.77

that is a disturbing trend my friend

Vancouver just shut down Mr Yzerman flat, when he mentioned that Vinny had to be a part of any deal for Luongo. As we have come to understand isn't a true #1 goaltender one of Tampa's most (to use your term) "desperate needs"

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote