Old
05-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Sureves

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
a fading star is what you meant

this +1

Extrapolating Vinny's last two years is a little silly no? there is nothing to say that he would have produced at the same rate during those missed contests. While Lecavalier may again play 82 games in a season(which I have reservations about) his point production per game is steadily declining:

07/08 1.14
08/09 0.87
09/10 0.85
10/11 0.83
11/12 0.77

that is a disturbing trend my friend

Vancouver just shut down Mr Yzerman flat, when he mentioned that Vinny had to be a part of any deal for Luongo. As we have come to understand isn't a true #1 goaltender one of Tampa's most (to use your term) "desperate needs"
Even at 0.77, he's still 69th in the league in points per game. Tied or below him are names like Evander Kane, Lucic, Perry, Nash, Williams, Pavelski, Fleischmann, Semin, Fisher, Callahan, Weiss, Briere, Getzlaf, Ryan, Havlat, Skinner, Backes, Heatley, Oshie, Benn, Horton, Grabovski, Plekanec, Landeskog, Doan, Kesler, Carter, Cammalleri, Ladd, M.Richards, Stepan, Derek Roy, and Hemsky.

Among centers, he's #25 in the league (aka. a #1 center) and guys who are within 0.03 Points per game of him include: Brad Richards, Patrick Kane, Mikko Koivu, Patrice Bergeron, and David Krejci.

He's expensive, but if he can hold his 0.77 then he'll be a good acquisition since you give nothing up in this trade.

Sure he might decline, that's the risk you take when you get a currently #1 C on the cheap. EDIT: And by on the cheap I mean for salary dumps.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote