View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 06:34 PM
HockeyNightInBelfast
HockeyNightInBelfast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Or they could move down if they feel Gigorenko or Gally could fall for whatever reason.

Some team may like Dumba and want him in the 5 spot, or Reinhart. So the Maple Leafs shuffle down a few spots, pick up an extra second round pick and still get the guy they want. That would be a good use of assets IMO. Then it gives you the option of moving two second round picks to jump into the 1st round (if they like someone at the end of round one - for example). There should be some quality defensive talent in that range still if they want to land a forward with the first pick and pick up a defenseman after.

I think it'll be that type of draft. I've maintained my position that I'm expecting more movement in the top 10 then what we've seen in previous years. It'll be interesting to see if it plays out that way.

What we do know, based on Burke's tenure here, is that he's aggressive in the players he wants. Just two moves that come to mind in that regard as Biggs and Ross. At the 5th spot, Burke should at least be in more of the drivers seat this time around.
Respect that move - Ross does appear to be a one-of-a-kind, can't wait to see him in action, hopefully for at least a year under Dallas Eakins

HockeyNightInBelfast is offline   Reply With Quote