View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 06:50 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Everything you post on this subject uses worst case scenario's, including Nash at 35 when he won't even be that age by the end of his contract. I get it. You don't think he's very good and he costs a lot and playing on the Sharks won't change any of that. He will quickly descend into mediocrity.

I think he might make a difference and not slide into obscurity. That's why I won't freak out if a decent deal is made to bring him here. I'm not a DW hater though and think he's an excellent GM, so I'm probably more inclined to trust his judgement, whatever that ends up being.
We shall agree to disagree on the subject of Nash, but I'll agree with you on DW. He knows he has Howsen where he wants him; I have no doubt that if the Sharks do get Nash, it will be for silly underpayment, like the Heatley deal (Heater at the time was much better than Nash is now, and Milan was coming off another brutal playoffs). I trust DW to improve the team. I just think it would be better to stand pat.

Of course, this is all just speculation because everyone's going home for the long weekend and I'm bored as ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
When they acquired Heatley, he had five years left on his contract. If they acquire Nash, there will be six years. That's not a big difference. Plus, it's mitigated by the fact that the Sharks would theoretically acquire Nash at a younger age.

If the team can get a team to take Heatley after a poor year and damn near the same large contract with at least one year of a big salary payout, the team can get someone to take Nash.
I'm kind of a Heatley homer, probably not the best idea to make that comparison.

Anyway, I'm sick of talking Nash to death. We'll just wait and see.