View Single Post
Old
05-25-2012, 10:09 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Just curious, if he were to have reentered the draft, any idea where he would've gone? I'd be stunned if he wouldn't have gone in the 1st round still, I'm just having trouble gauging where, exactly.

I know it doesn't matter, I was just curious about this.
Honestly no idea, but I noticed McKenzie had more to say about the situation this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

It is confirmed Justin Schultz de-registered from Wisconsin earlier this week, starting a process that could make blue-chip ANA prospect UFA
Quote:

Ducks have 30-day exclusive window to sign him but writing is on wall: Schultz going to UFA. 30-day window expires just prior to NHL draft.
Quote:

Obvious strategy now for ANA is to trade Schultz's rights to club Schultz will sign with but Ducks would need Schultz's cooperation on that.
Quote:

Schultz will become UFA - able to listen to offers - prior to draft but not able to actually sign til July 1.
Quote:

Next to Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, Schultz may be most sought after UFA this summer. Blue chip, Top 4 offensive defenceman prospect.
Button (former Director of Scouting and Director of Player Personnel in Dallas) added his two cents as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton

@TSNBobMcKenzie. To add a little On Justin Schultz. NHL ready & a player I feel could be like Drew Doughty. Dynamic & controls game.