View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 01:08 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Since I was born in the mid-80s... I don't remember a lot from the old days, but the 1991-92 team was a great team and got unlucky due to the Graves suspension, Mario's magic potion, and Jagr being super human. That team was probably more talented than this one and had they gotten past Pittsburgh may have won the Cup.

I'd say that this team definitely belongs above the 97 team which got destroyed in round 3 and was old even though they had a big part of the 94 crew plus Gretzky.
Yeah, the 1991-92 was a special team. Had some of the best youth ever in Rangers history. They were losing 5-0 to the Caps and came back and won a game. Too bad a lot of those guys were traded within two years but they needed that grit.

97 was a funny group because they half-@#@!$ the entire season and got it together for the playoffs. They had no Kovalev (out with an ACL tear I think it was), lost Bill Berg in Round 1 when Paul Laus slewfoots him, lost Sundstrom in round 2 when MaClean slashed him, and poor Potsy's mom passed away during the ECF. They had Dallas Eakina, Geoff Courtnall, and Luc Robataille as a checking line by round 3

81 was a very interesting group as well. Had most of the 79 crew, turned on their coach (Shero) had some horrible injuries, but got healthy under Craig Patrick and started playing their best in the playoff push. Won two rounds as well.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote