View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 02:28 AM
MDL8981

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I dont get the Devils hatred. Maybe I've just been around too long.

I never hated the Devils. They're a model organization that deserves a lot of respect. Dont hate on the franchise because you dont like what their fans type on a message board.

Outside of Claude Lemieux, they had likable players. I grew up watching them since they moved from Colorado.

There was a time when they had good announcers, a good PA announcer and played good music at the arena.

Besides, if you guy's think this is a sad end to a depressing roller-coaster ride, just ask some of the senior Devils fans how they felt after 1988, 1994 and 2001.

We've all been through it as sports fans. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and respect, maybe even admire what other teams do -- even if they do it against your own.

For me, they are our main rival. Its just like how I hate the Sox being a Yanks fan....how I hate the Cowboys and Eagles being a Giants fan. Alot of older Rangers fans hate the Isles because of the fierce rivalry in the 70s/80s....I wasnt around for that. The Devils have been our main competition since I've been a fan. 92, 94, 97, 06, 08 and 12...six playoff series. Then there's them winning three Cups in our backyard while we embarassed ourselves for eight years. They had some ridiculous record against us during that stretch of time too.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote