View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 03:04 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Just from a hockey x's and o's standpoint - I thought it was McDonagh, who was on the ice in front of Henrik that sort of caused the issue. I understand live by the sword, die by the sword when it comes to blocking shots, but he was down in front of the net for way too long. He could have cleared house and he definitely could have prevented the second rebound change that ended up squeaking through the legs of Lunq. It's always said to get up quickly after blocking a shot or else it's a 1-0 essentially.

Also, I know they tried to stretch the play out, but they sent two guys to both ends of the blue line on the stretch pass that caused the original turnover. I don't get that play as it would have had zero puck support even if the pass was hit correctly.

I'm just trying to look at it from an x's and o's play. I don't see it being Dan's fault. That guy is one hell of a player and put his life on the line all playoff season long to block shots and make big time plays. Guy elevated to the top tier of defenders I would want on my team w/ that style and effort.
From an X's and O's standpoint you are right. Beyond the extended laydown as an RD Henrique is not Girardi's man on that play.

That said if you want to blame either McD or Richards for failing to cover (not that you want to I am speaking hypothetically)...my response is "tomato potato". It was a mad scramble and to be honest NO ONE on the Rangers did a particularly good job at picking up attacking Devils. Thus why it's over.