This year - Over or Underachievement ? (Torts/Fatigue/Complain and feel better)
View Single Post
05-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Originally Posted by
I just cant wrap this year around my head yet, check this:
1) Make elite UFA singing in Brad Richards - Richards Delivers an excellent year (CHECK)
2) Henrik will most likely win the Vezina - we posses a top 2 goalie (CHECK)
3) McD clearly has been the best Dman in the playoffs (CHECK)
4) Finish the year in first place with a healthy roster and a rested goaltender (CHECK)
5) Torts up for coach of the year (CHECK)
6) Gabby finishes 3rd in goals (CHECK)
How can we just be happy getting eliminated in the ECF? We've nearly lost every series - it just doesn't make sense to have all this and to struggle so much.
This is a clear recipe for a cup win.
All year long it was said the PP would be the teams downfall. The irony is that in the last series percentage wise it was excellent.
However if it was clicking in rounds one and two then those series do
go seven games. I think they would have dealt Ottawa in five or six and the Caps in five.
Round three would have been a well rested squad, and we are probably preparing for the Kings instead of the Devils.
In the end the PP was in fact their undoing.
That all being said it was an
season. What a ride!
Be proud of this team. I truly feel they are but one piece away. Hopefully a move is made to address it. Oh and they might want to address the PP while they're at it too
View Public Profile
Visit blue425's homepage!
Find More Posts by blue425