View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Miller Time NYR

vCash: 500
The dump and chase, it's all these guys know how to do, they look to do it on odd man rushes, the powerplay, basically every chance they get and their to stubborn at times to realize it doesn't work against teams that are quick on the backend or have a goalie like fatty that plays the puck ever oppurtunity he gets, we lost possession against the devils probably 8 times out of 10 after dumping it, and I don't remember any goals that came as a direct result of a dump n chase, all because. Only either has a set of balls is allowed to carry the puck in, IMO our biggest flaw which is relied upon way to much which brings me to my next point the dump and chase sets the whole offense up below the goal line and leads to terrible shots and opportunities, all u can do is throw the puck at the front of the net at a terrible angle and hope it hits something because of it doesn't and we've seen it before it can lead to an odd man rush against, but seriously somebody needs to realize that shooting from the outside of the circles and below them cuts off a HUGE part of the net and isn't exactly the greatest way IMO to score goals, it's like this team is allergic to taking the luck to the front of the net in front of the goalie and making it hard for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
This.
If the 3rd line is Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko (Rupp), we have a problem (depth). But if forward depth allow them to form the 4th line...

Without any major trade, if the line-up for next year is something like that, the Rangers will be a lot tougher to play IMO :

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - another scoring forward (MZA ?, rookie ?, FA ?, trade ?)
Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko (Rupp)
I completely agree, but uk with tort'sone juggling and everchanging dog house the 4th line will never be a true 4 line it will be that conglomerate of guys who aren't scoring or playing well then u have 4th line guys playing 3rd line minutes and a 4th line that can't score or play as a tough grinding 4th line because u have a playmaker-grinder-tough guy with no chemistry or offensive chance, that leads to and overuse or the third (4th) line and a team that can't score for **** because were relying on the wrong guys to fill the wrong roles.

Last edited by Miller Time NYR: 05-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote