View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
not sure if it's part of the system but my biggest problem with torts is player bias. guys like boyle, prust, del zotto, and staal playing despite having bad stretches, turnovers, or coverage lapses, or being down 2+ goals(in boyle/prust's case)... meanwhile guys like bickel, stralman, eminger, kreider, and stepan get severe ice time reduction when they make mistakes. in fact... del zotto gets more minutes when he screws up (first two goals in game 6 he failed his coverage).

another example is the sean avery, eric christensen situation--though i wouldn't be surprised if that was just a ref/discipline thing... but sean was surely a more consistent hockey player than christensen (especially when it came to off-sides )

otherwise...
crap forecheck this season
blocking shots increases likelihood of deflections and injuries. we have arguably the best goaltender in the league. he should be allowed to see shots.
pp (though i think that's sully's department)
does not change the offense EVER.
lines are screwy-- change too fast or don't change enough. seems like he just randomly throws guys out there
playing behind the net instead of the front
nobody screens the goalie
dump and chase/no end to end rushes
depth is a problem, but not really a system problem
refusal to bring in another assistant coach (or two)for another opinion on some things.
basically doesn't make any smart moves on offense. ever. no changes. no line counters. no real set plays. he's a bad coach in that aspect.
board work has sucked
does not allow guys to retaliate or try to sell a call. as respectful as it may be...it holds our team back.

to be fair some positives:
the guys like him.
everybody buys in
one of the best defensive teams in the league in terms of shot blocking
clutch time outs sometimes.
he responds to beer being spilled on him by chasing fans down with hockey sticks.
he cares a lot about the team.
guys follow him from organization to organization. (he got us richards!) basically everybody in the league speaks highly of the guy and wanted to play for him at some point.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote