View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 09:57 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Forward depth--someone who could play steady as a 6-7 defenseman. Rangers played 3 series against teams that had more depth to draw from--these teams all had size and grind on their bottom lines--more than we had anyway. Which brings to mind roles as well. Devils 4th line know exactly how they fit within their structure. Rangers 4th line is a conglomeration of who can't score and who isn't going well and throw in a d-man once in a while.

Torts doesn't like carrying 23 guys. IMO he should think about that again.
This. Boyle and Prust are great fourth liners. They're subpar 3rd liners and they're awful 2nd liners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmo82 View Post
my main problem is that EVERY time they come up the ice they dump and chase. They quite end up with all 3 forwards below the goal line too. Mix it up a little. Get bodies in front. ya know?
And this. My girlfriend must have heard me screaming at the TV dozens of times "you score from between the dots coming at the goalie, not throwing it blindly to the front from the corner!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Power (less) Play
And of course this. I almost hope Sullivan gets the Calgary job so we can bring in someone who has an Adam Oates like pedigree on the PP to run our own.

Still, I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the Torts singing at the time - and several years later, there's no arguing that on balance the positives have outweighed the negatives.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote