Thread: Speculation: Jordan Staal V
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
And? Where did I say you did? I merely agreed your values are off in terms of Sutter and Bolland. Yes, I'm sure you are more familiar with Jeffrey than I am but I guarantee you I'm more familiar with Sutter and Bolland.

You asked if Sutter is really a big upgrade over Jeffrey. Yes, he is a big upgrade and it tells me you haven't paid much attention to Sutter. You then cherry-picked injury-plagued seasons by Bolland and projected what Jeffrey could be capable of producing. Clearly there is a difference in cap hit just as Sutter/Bolland are proven shut down centers while Jeffrey would be a responsible two-way player.

All that aside, I do agree that the better option for Pitt is potentially trade with teams other than Chicago or Carolina. That brings me back to TO and there is where you are most likely to get your top 6 forward in exchange.
My values aren't off, because for the third time I am comparing Jeffrey AND a legit top 6 winger vs Bolland/Sutter. Also, suggesting that Jeffrey can have the modest production in terms of points as these two isn't a bold statement. So no, I don't believe Bolland or Sutter is some major upgrade that makes moving Staal for either of these players to really be worth it.

Bolland HAS been injured, and this season when he played most of the games, he still didn't break 40 points. The biggest Bolland homer will tell you he is inconsistent. So again, tell me how I somehow devalued him?

You can also sing the praises of Sutter left and right, but trying to tell me he would improve the Pens roster more than having Jeffrey as the third pivot and a legit top 6 winger is comical.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote