Thread: Speculation: Jordan Staal V
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 10:35 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
Trust me, I understand your point. Take a moment to understand mine. Again, I agree with the premise and I've posted several times that the Pens best trading partners do not include Carolina or Chicago. And feel free to re-read the last line of my post, which you quoted in reference to a top 6 forward.

You devalued both Bolland and Sutter in much the same way many Pens fans feel Staal has been devalued. They are shutdown centers whose point totals are not going to reflect their worth. They are all also inconsistent point producers. Jeffrey is not and will never be a shutdown center and will not be a consistent point producer.

Though I agree that getting a top 6 winger is a greater priority, you are rationalizing your conclusion with misinformation - overvaluing Jeffrey and undervaluing Sutter/Bolland. Thus your values are off but I'm on board with the idea.

Carolina would be a long-shot but only because it's Jordan Staal instead of Jordan Smith. Without the Staal name, it'd be a non-issue as there are greater needs. Yes, Calgary is another that makes sense. St. Louis not as much in my mind though.
I don't necessarily disagree with that.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote