View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
I see the points both of you are making. I visit the Philly board from time to time, just for the lulz ... not posting, just reading. They've voiced a lot of support for the Kings aka Philly West since the beginning of the playoffs. Whether LAK wins or not, there will still be a lot of second guessing from their fan base and media in regards to those trades. The Kings just reek of too much eau de Philly for my taste.

And, I can also see the point about NJD being rivals, and not wanting them to have more Cup wins than the Pens ... but lets be honest, if Marty retires after this season they really have no one to replace him. Hedberg is getting long in the tooth himself, and while their prospects have put up some decent numbers, none of it has been in net for the big club. Marty retiring is a good thing from a rivalry point of view, because as inconsistent as he's been the last couple years he's still pretty good between the pipes. Not to mention how it will effect the team overall.

Mostly, though, I like the idea of Marty capping off an incredible career with one more win.
I hope he never wins another game in his life. Ideally he would go out in an embarrassing barrage of goals against.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote