View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
I really doubt Schultz would play Top 4 minutes for us this year outside of the PP, and he knows it. Personally, I think he'll be hard pressed to beat out Sami Vatanen for a roster spot or the top spot in the AHL unless Murray has to make a verbal promise to Schultz to get him to sign with us.

Sami has proven more and accomplished more in his young career against professional hockey players than Justin has playing against the college kids. The winner between the two of them will be based on who can play an acceptable level of defense to be a regular in the NHL.

We should sign Schultz to secure his rights, then trade his miserable behind to a struggling franchise for fair value.
First off, I think Murray will promise Schultz anything to make him sign here. Secondly, we can be sure Vatanen will NOT play in the NHL next season. He will need time to adjust to the North American game - in the AHL. So Schultz has no competition from him.

I think if Schultz signs he will play Top 4 Minutes. Probably alongside Sbisa. Then we could either trade Lubo or have him play on the 3rd Pairing. He has not been good last season anyway. With 3 Offensive Defensman we'd have a good situation on our PP, especially if someone struggles.