View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 11:51 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
So knee jerk. If our first line showed up at all we don't have this conversation. Too many forwards who didn't chip in. Move out anisimov, dubinsky and add a jeff carter type (who everyone hated but is doing exactly what we neex). And i would seriously consider moving gaborik for nash. We need more defensive depth so we aren't running our top four into the ground.
Excellent post. Agree with most of it anyway. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

For most of our players this was their first deep run into the playoffs. When we're looking at guys like Stepan, Artie, Hagelin, Kreider--productive or not they're still so young and still developing. Personally we could use a skill/grit combination forward--whether he scores 20 goals or 35. Dubinsky should be that guy if he were only more consistent. He played well last night.

But as far as getting that 35 goal scorer I wish the OP would tell us exactly who he means before he starts throwing around names of our own guys. I mean this non specificity just turns into another way of beating up on players that this poster or that doesn't like.

For now I'm for keeping our keeping are core defense corps intact.

McDonagh is a stud and there's every reason to believe he's going to be a premier shutdown guy for a long time and that he's going to get even better on the offensive end.
Staal is another premier shutdown d-man and next year he should come to training camp physically prepared and be back on track.
Girardi is a heart and soul guy--one of the best stay at home guys in the league and with a good two way game. He had some absolutely clutch moments for us in the playoffs. 3 goals--3 game winners.
Del Zotto--is 21--22?--should improve as well.
After that we have question marks.

Stralman I think they'll attempt to re-sign. He had a good year.
Sauer--will he be able to come back? or are his concussion problems going to linger?
Erixon--needs to improve strength and consistency--needs to play more aggressively.
Eminger--will he be back?
Bickel--is he what he is or can he get better? Played well for a rookie during the season but wasn't very useful in the playoffs.
McIlrath--he's at least one full AHL season away. It's a stretch to think he's going to walk in and seriously compete for a job next year.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote