View Single Post
Old
03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I know that I am probably being naive but why is there such a disparity in officiating?

What's called for one team is definitely not called on another .....
A screwed up line change causing Darcy to be the extra man out making it appear that he went out to specifically target Parros and ends up with a 3-game suspension.
Parros cross checking like mad on Darcy with (what appeared to me) an intent to injure motion. Then Luc getting into the act while Darcy's back is turned. Parros gets a minor penalty. Luc gets nothing.
I'm not saying that the officials are always against us. I'm just saying that the officiating really needs to be looked at by the league. I don't care if the refs suck. I just want them to suck equally.
The league has long been attacked for it's inconsistency both on and off the ice. Oftentimes there appears to be no rhyme or reason to the amount of games handed down, if any, for a suspension. I think this manifests itself on the ice. A situation that is a penalty in the first is not guaranteed to be even called in the second or third, especially if the overall game situation changes. If they struggle to maintain consistency from call to call, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that they might be inconsistent from team to team. I don't think it's on purpose; I just don't think they are currently up to the challenge. They might be the best refs in the world; it could just mean the job is just gotten too difficult. I don't have any answers, just a lot of observations that leave my head shaking.

I think Hordicuk's 10 minute misconduct changed the entire game. From then on out, we didn't catch many breaks from the officials. I think he ticked them off and they responded accordingly.