View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 12:31 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
He was top 40 in quality of competition. And among those 40, he was mid 20s in GF/GA differential.

That to me is a good barometer for top defensemen. play against the top lines and be successful at both ends.
QoC is not that IMPORTANT, just another stat that isn't an official stat and manipulated very easily. Chris Butler was 4th in QoC I guess Chris Butler is a #1 dman :

Sekera 4th in ESP for Sabres d-men only ahead of Regehr and Weber , two of the worst dmen in the league when it comes to offense. A #1 dman plays a lot of minutes in all situations not 19 minutes a game. 178th in PPG for dmen, by the way there are only 180 starting dmen in the whole NHL

Sekera wasnt drafted as a defensive dman he was drafted as an offensive dman and won the OHL dman of the year because of his offense, not his amazing defensive skills. The fact he put up 13 points getting over 1 minute of PP time is pathetic. Sekera is one of the reasons our PP blew, is by having him ruin the PP. And for the best dman on the Sabres, it's funny he was 5th for Sabres dmen in SHTOI/G, but who cares about stats that matter, let's pull up obscure sabremetric like stats to prove how great our "best" dman Sekera is.

Christian Ehrhoff was the best dman and it wasn't even close... For Christ sake Ehrhoff was the only one to come to Millers aid Twice when he got ran and dropped the mitts, I'd love to see Sekera do that, Sekera is soft and would never fight and he doesn't hit. Sekera is good playing sheltered minutes, play him 20+ minutes and see how bad he plays. Best dman , yeah right, especially if we really do have a "franchise" dman in Myers, which he hasn't been the past 2 seasons.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote