View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 01:07 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
In a fantasy land, far, far, away, I would hope that DW pulls off the Nash trade (because I fully expect him to trade for Nash) without someone giving up one of Couture, Pavelski, Marleau, JT, or Havlat.

I don't expect Clowe to be part of the deal, but maybe something along the lines of Niemi, Hamilton, Doherty, 2012 1st, and maybe a guy like Tim Kennedy. It's a complete pipe dream that I don't see happening, but it would be preferable for me.

If that did happen, I would NOT put Nash on JT's line. Instead I would try to go with something closer to the lineup below. I am assuming a trade of Clowe to TO for Gunnarsson (with maybe a pick or something on either side to even out. Add a 7th defenseman for a million or less and you have about $1.5 mil in cap space below the current cap.

This line-up gives you 2 top-end scoring lines. 1 with lots of puck-possession skill, but not much speed. And a 2nd with very good speed, good size, and very good scoring. The 3rd line isn't a total scoring line, but Moore has shown he can run a scoring 3rd line before, Wingels is better as a scorer than a 4th liner, and I'm slotting in Shephard just off other posters comments that he has potentially top-6 or tweener talent. The 4th line is extremely good defensively (in Winnik and Desjardin), has pest-like qualities (Desjardin and Galiardi), and some decent speed (again, Desi and Galli). And I'm keeping Winchester around as a tough guy, although he can go if wants.

I am assuming Murray gets moved for picks or prospects, and Handzus will waive and get a minimal return (a 7th or so).

FORWARDS

Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
James Sheppard ($0.775m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.850m)
Daniel Winnik ($2.250m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.700m) / T.J. Galiardi ($0.735m)
Brad Winchester ($0.725m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Jason Demers ($1.250m) / Justin Braun ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
Thomas Greiss ($0.588m)
Alex Stalock ($0.688m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,736,667; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,563,333

Anyway, that is my best case scenario given Doug Wilson's usual stupidity. Too bad it won't happen. Of course, if I had my way we would be shopping JT, Boyle, Clowe, Murray, and Niemi and trying to rebuild prospect pool and do a major redo of the team structure. But that won't happen either.
Holy crap Vaasa, that is one slow ass team. Pavelski JT and Couture on one line would be probably the slowest top line in the NHL lol.