View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I have a lot of friends from Detroit that get riled up for the rivalry all of the time. They're usually more fanatic about it that I am.

I think it just breeds from all the people in Denver that have moved here from Detroit. As I always say to them - if Detroit is that freaking great...then move back. That usually shuts them up.
Meh, guess you just know different people from Detroit than me. Most that I hear/know will laugh a little when they hear about the Avs as if to get ready for any sort of hate thrown towards them, but don't really care in the grand scheme of things. Why would they hate us? We haven't been good for years and they more or less lay the beat down on us every time we go against them - including the playoff series where they more or less pissed on us for four games.

I just don't understand it. Yupp, I hated the Wings as much as anybody back in the good ol' days when the two teams beat the crap out of each other. They were dirty and cheap and ew. But nowadays the only reason to actually hate them whatsoever (and I'm not sure why you would hate all the players on a team just because their GM brought in a player...) is Bertuzzi.

And that's yet another never-gonna-let-go-of-the-past thing. Do I think he should probably not be in the game anymore? Yeah, probably. But come on, you've done stupid crap that you probably shouldn't have done in the heat of the moment. So did he. I'm not one for believing that one incident in anybody's life should declare them a bad person for life. But maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm just a forgiving person.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote