View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
I have a feeling we won't make an acquisition at forward. I'd supplement that, that if we lose someone like Jones (who I think is at least considering leaving to go to a contender), we might make a play at a UFA like Semin (but ONLY if Jones and/or Mueller leave us).

Next season, I'd like to see:-

Mcginn - Stastny - Mueller
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
Jones - Duchene - Hejduk
Malone - McClement - Olver

That being said, I could see us trading something for a players rights at the draft like Suter or Wideman (which is always risky, I know). We BADLY need a puck moving defensemen to improve our offensive output. Ideally, we get them when they are free to negotiate for nothing, but that's unlikely. It's only Sherman that allows free agents like Fleishmann walk for nothing (I know the kid was injured, but get something back for him FFS).

Letting Liles walk for what he walked for was disgusting. We needed that additional output. Having your most offensive D-man scoring only 20 odd points isn't good enough.

A few players in the mix to make our team next year could be Sgarbossa, Kobasew, Mcleod (instead of Malone) and at a stretch Hishon (very risky). Sacco also seems to be a big fan of Mike Connolly.

For those that don't know Connolly, he was an added piece with the San Jose trade including Mcginn, Sgarbossa & Galiardi / Winnik. He played two NHL games with Colorado this past season, beating out Porter in the selection process.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote