View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 01:24 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I like Lundmark as much as you do, but lets be honest here... the guy hasn't exactly forced his way into the line-up. Sure, Sather could make it easier on him, but it's Lundmarks job to play well enough that Sather can't take him out. The guy has one goal, and to be honest I can't remember the last nice play he made. It's not like he's been scratched 8 out of the last 10 games here. He's gotten time at different times this year and he hasn't done much with it. It's his turn to step up. I'd LOVE to see him play with Lindros and get 15 plus min a night, but I'm not really sure that he's earned that chance.
I disagree. I think Lundmark has played good considering the circumstances. When he's out there, he's skating hard on all shifts, using his speed, and making nice plays with the puck. He backchecks hard and has been good defensively. He's done just about everything you could ask a 4th liner with top line talent to do. But its tough to create offensive chances when you're playing with Rheaume and LaCouture. Even when he was with Holik earlier, I thought he was making things happen and skating well. He did nothing to warrant a demotion, but just because the whole team wasnt clicking at the time and there were some injuries, he got overlooked. If he gets top line minutes with a guy like Lindros or Nedved for 5 straight games and doesnt produce anything, then I'll stand corrected and admit he didnt take advantage, but unfortunately that hasnt happened.