View Single Post
Old
05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
I forgot about him. I could get on board with Redmond coming up. It definitely doesn't carry as much risk as bringing up Teheran or taking Medlen out of the pen would.

Besides having that important role in the pen, the team can't just keep bouncing Medlen back-and-forth from the pen to the rotation. EOF shouldn't be relied upon in the 7th inning. He's getting murdered by righties this year and should predominantly be used as a LOOGY.
Well the mistake in my opinion was Medlen not starting from the beginning although Delgado hasn't been the problem. There's far more value in having someone good starting than coming out of the pen. More innings pitching (starter vs. reliever) is always better. The bullpen is one of the easiest things to fix (e.g. Cards last year got a new pen at the deadline) so I'd rather get the staff settled and worry about the pen later. I agree that EOF's year last year was an aberration.

Another option that I just thought of that is probably better than Redmond or Medlen is stretching out Livan and letting him make a spot start. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to go 5 or 6 innings for a start or two while Minor goes to Gwinnett for a start or two. It keeps the pen virtually intact (call up Gearrin or Varvaro in the meantime with Martinez being the long guy).

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote