Old
11-25-2003, 01:35 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
ehh, i really wouldn't be too interested in this deal
granted gauthier is a step up from campbell, but he is extremely injury-prone as a result of his playing style and conroy's season where he was noticeably more productive than brown's typical season was when he centered iginla
and of course, the sabres take on about 1.5 mil salary
i really don't think conroy is much better, if better at all, than brown and the gauthier upgrade isn't worth the payroll hike that comes with it
I think that Conroy is 3 times the player that Brown is overall... but he's also on the last year of his contract, and is a UFA after this year.

Conroy is one of the better defensive forwards in the league - a Selke type player... he also has pretty good offensive instincts - something that he has developed over the past couple years... sure Iginla has been a big reason why he's put up those points a couple years ago - but it's more than just leeching off Iginla - he's improved his overall game.

still though, because of Conroy's status, his value can't be as high...

I also wonder about Gauthier's value... he seems to get a lot of other teams interested in him, but you gotta wonder when he's the first player that Calgary would move in a trade... Calgary fans don't seem to happy with his overall play either... he's a big aggressive dman - but he's got holes in his game overall.