Old
05-27-2012, 12:22 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
Hi everyone,
I keep on hearing Luongo, Luongo and more Luongo. As much as I think he is good, if TO have to give up more than Komisarek and a late pick for him, I say no way. Why doesn't TO trade for Jonathan Bernier? Unproven, maybe, but he is worth the shot. We need somebody that will help our goaltending for a decade. Someone like Carey Price. Either the Leafs draft Subban, Dansk, or Vasilevski at 35th, or we trade for a young guy.
Justin Pogge, Jonas Gustavsson, J.S. Aubin, Andrew Raycroft...these were a few goaltenders in your system that were young and had great track record previously in their career except they lacked the consistency and calm demeanor of a veteran.

The point is...how long are you going to gamble on the young goaltenders before you realize that you need an actual star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
Another idea that could happen if we draft one of the three goalies previously mentioned, is that we could trade for Halak or Elliott. Imagine what is happening over there with two all-star calibre players. Think of the situation of Price and Halak. One of Elliott or Halak will for sure be moved over the summer, and I hope the Leafs end up picking either Halak to start for the next few years, or Elliott who would be cheaper to mentor Reimer. What do you think? Comment!
Are you serious...? The Blues have a bunch of cap space and are in no rush to give away their top goaltenders especially for an unproven prospect (doesn't matter how good they've played in juniors). Besides both Halak's and Elliott's contracts expire in the same year, so that gives Blues' management a chance to look at who's more talented before going all in.