View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I completely agree with you. If Heatley wasn't scoring goals, he wasn't doing much defensively. Nash scored 40 goals in 08-09 with the Blue Jackets! That's without Thornton, and 30 goals last year, also without Thornton. So how can any of you people (not you realallstar10) sit there and say he won't score more than 40 goals playing alongside Thornton?? I can't believe how many of you people think Nash is overrated. Sure is contract may be heavy but if DW can make a good deal that's affordable, I'd say Nash is worth the risk.
Because a two time 50 goal scorer, a feat Nash has never done, couldn't accomplish that feat. Nash does it on Columbus because he gets the puck all the time and gets a lot of the prime offensive opportunities with regards to offensive zone shifts and competition.

None of those things, he will have the luxury of having in San Jose. Thornton is going to have the puck most of the time. McLellan will not shelter his top players. Those are two very big reasons why Nash will not score 40+ goals here.

People seriously do not understand how Rick Nash has played in Columbus to get those numbers he got. People severely do not understand that that style of play is not transferable to a team with talent. People oversimplify this thought process by believing that production is linear or transferable when it isn't.