View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 03:44 AM
heartsabres*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
uh... Sekera played with the same forwards as Ehrhoff...

correction : You win games by scoring more goals then the other team. Sekera's GF/GA differential was better then Ehrhoff's. And while Myers was the best, he just didn't do it under the more difficult circumstances. Myers did it with the pampered minutes.

not sure what "captain" has to do with this debate (its not really a debate, it's me presenting the facts, and you looking rather silly to everyone)

by the way i watched Langway play and you should not be shocked because you are missing something your stats dont show....HEART, DRIVE, CLUTCH, CHEMISTRY, LEADERSHIP
Scott Stevens.....I dont care what is corsi is and it shouldnt matter I draw my conclusions based on ON ICE PLAY.

this is not MONEYBALL

you just looked at a list of Norris trophy winners didn't you if you are old enough to have watched Langway play... i'd be shocked (i never saw him play). if you are that old, and still have these amateur opinions about hockey... well... sorry there is no hope for you.

Chris Phillips, Anton Volchenkov, Tim Gleason, Braydon Coburn, Robyn Regehr, Vlasic, Lydman... i guess these guys aren't very good with their lack of offense...

Sekera scored 29 pts last year ... putting him in the same scoring range as McDonaugh and Girardi this year (i bet you aren't even aware how good those 2 are)

you might be surprised....
Sekera PTs per 60 ES = 0.64
Among other defensemen who see top QOC...that .60 is Better than/or close to:
Phaneuf : .72
Gorges : .63
Girardi : .54
Boychuk : .67
Suter : .74
Jaybo : .60
Gleason : .63
Michalek : .62
Lydman : .63

Ask Vancouver if Ehrhoff was their #1 defensemen last year. He led them in pts (50+), he got the most minutes, the most shifts... he would meet all your criteria for a #1 defensemen.... meanwhile, all intelligent hockey fans know that Hamhuis-Bieksa was their #1... not Ehrhoff or Edler.

Hamhuis-Bieksa is the top pair, Edler-Ehrhoff was the "offensive" 2nd pair.
dude you really dont know how to read stats....points per 60 minutes means squat, if you play less minutes it allows you to have less points but at then end of the day it does not matter points per 60 it matters points for how many minutes you actually play. if you play 10 minutes a game and scored 25 points for the season your points per 60 will seem like you are Bobby Orr. BUT if you take a player who plays 22 minuters per game and scores 48 points he will have a lower points per 60. You will end up with the wrong player. JAME you would take the 25 point player based on his points per 60?

In theory I understand what you are trying to say but players stats are based on TOI
this is what counts
GOALS ASSISTS WINS LOSES STANLEY CUPS

by the way i watched Langway play(i even had his rookie card) and you should not be shocked because you are missing something your stats dont show....HEART, DRIVE, CLUTCH, CHEMISTRY, LEADERSHIP, PHYSICAL PLAY
can you show me where those stats are?
Scott Stevens.....I dont care what is corsi is and it shouldnt matter I draw my conclusions based on ON ICE PLAY.

this is not MONEYBALL when they hand out the Norris trophy the ones I bolded count most.

I am not going to slander you like you do me, they are great tools but you cannot play moneyball with the game hockey, you will lose, there is more to a player, like the bolded. Everyone slagged on Satan because he scored goals when it did not count but Drury scores goals when it counts. Where is this stat?

EDIT, curious can you show me Brad Marsh´s stats? He made it 16 years in the NHL on heart alone.

Last edited by heartsabres*: 05-27-2012 at 04:13 AM.
heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote