View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 07:47 AM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraayen View Post
To my knowledge, I don't think the Sting release a list of players invited to their main camp in late August. They release the schedule (scrimmages, Black & White game, etc) on their website. The listed players at main camp are provided when you attend any portion of it, so you'd probably have to show up or have someone bring you a copy if you're unable to attend yourself.
In regards to CHL Import draft - now 36 days away - it will be interesting to see what the Sting do. They could trade up to get a higher end guy, but that might cost more than they want to give up considering they're coming off an "all-in" year. It may be a wiser decision to re-coup picks rather than distribute more out to their competitors. They also have BOTH import roster spots available with the departures of Yakupov (NHL) and Rensfeldt (AHL). With a later pick they could follow last years route and choose a player a year or two older (93 or 94) than the youngest of eligible imports (95). As well, they could utilize their Blackhawks connection and choose one of their drafts picks. Having Larionov with ties to the Sting can also only help with luring Russians. One Russian, a 1993 birthdate, drafted by Chicago is forward, Maxim Shalunov - a 2011, 4th round draft pick.
How likely is it for you guys to move Basso? Petes need a better veteran defenceman and I've always liked Basso's game.

As a sting fan, would you guys by content with swapping Basso to the Petes for a 95 birthdate d-man? (Varga)