View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
The first post is a little harsh but there is a certain amount of truth to it. In Eakins 3 years as a head coach he has went 5th, 5th and then 1st in the division. Watching Scrivens in the playoffs reminds me off the saying "show me a great goalie and I'll show you a great coach."

This is Eakins first year where he has had any real success as a head coach, he appears to be a good coach but I would let him go another few years before I let him coach in the NHL. He may be responsible for making some of these kids as good as they are but Frattin and Gardiner are NCAA products and he is not the goalie coach.

Looking at last years Leafs roster he wasn't even responsible for many of the kids on that team...Gunnarson(maybe)...

As per the OP of this thread Eakins has said he has been an NHL assistant coach and now wants to concentrate on being the head coach. He will probably get there but bringing him in this year would be a mistake IMO.
While there's some truth to this, I do think you've understated his role as a developer of players.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote