View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 09:01 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
but there has to be some sympathy towards martin for working with who he worked and how. He made a lot of players better, and that includes A.kos and Carey price , by letting him on the bench watch halak.
I don't think he made either Kostitsyn or Price better players... of course there is no way to prove it either way but part of his problem was how he mishandled players.

Do you remember when Kostitsyn asked, 'what do I need to work on to get more ice time,' and there was no response. It was actually quoted in an interview about a year ago. There were many who dismissed that conversation as trivial at the time but now Spacek has come out and basically confirmed that view.

So if he wasn't communicating, exactly how did he make his players better. If sitting them down and letting them figure it out for themselves is the approach... then that is not coaching.

Maybe the timing of Martin's release was poor but the decision was not.

As a side note, I see that you are one of those who keeps deluding himself that "Martin got us to the Eastern Conference Finals." It is really difficult to take anyone seriously, including hockey broadcasters, who continues to support that position.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote