Thread: Prospect Info: Next years prospects
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 11:42 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
Aside from Kreider, I'm not expecting another impact rookie forward to push for a spot next season. At least no one else with top 6 potential.

The forwards most likely to push are JAM, Hrivik, Yogan and Wellman. Are any top 6? Doubtful.

Beyond that, there's St. Croix, Miller, Fasth and Fogarty - and they're all two years away... at least.

If the Rangers decide they need to vastly improve their top 6 forwards next season, it means a trade or FA is coming. Hopefully a more durable, sturdy gamebreaker than Gabby. (parise? ryan? nash - no thank you.)

That said, I would argue the best move by far to improve the offense is not a forward - but the addition of Justin Schultz. A true offensive defenseman with premiere SKATING and VISION would absolutely change the whole complexion of the team in an instant. I think this should be the #1 priority.
You may be right...but the problem is he's not our property (so he doesn't really fit in this thread) and we can't pay more for him than anyone else. So sure, the Rangers could very well be an appealing destination for him...but so are other places.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote