View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
While there's some truth to this, I do think you've understated his role as a developer of players.
He looks like he is developing some good kids but I would like to wait a couple of years to see how any of these kids work out in the NHL. Being good in the AHL does not always translate to the NHL. Lets wait and see how these kids have developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
I wish we had hired Eakins as coach last year, or this summer after a period of an interim coach to end last year. Carlyle is just another of a lengthening line of recycled coaches who can't get this team to build and win: Wilson, Maurice, Quinn. Hire an experienced ex-coach to assist Eakins in his transition to NHL. Like Kadri, Eakins has little left to prove in AHL. Now we'll lose him this or next year.
I know everyone loves Eakins now after taking the Marlies to the Calder but to hire him last year after back to back 5th place divisions would be at best puzzling. I read his story as many others here did and I am rooting for him but just like the players if you throw him into the lions den, known as the Toronto Maple Leafs, too early you could ruin his career.

To reiterate, I am rooting for Eakins but rushing him in to the NHL to coach a media crazy franchise like the Leafs who need to win is not the best thing for anyone at this time.

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote