View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
And if he potted 30 as he did the year before (with a cap hit of ~2.5)? I doubt he'll do that regularly, but it's clearly not impossible for him either. He's also young and has size (6,1 - 220) and is very sound defensively. As for Schenn, sure he's not Pronger back there, but as a physical defensive Dman who's still very young he's not bad. Not worth his 3.6, but not worthless either. His physicality is also something the Pens don't have outside of Orpik, and Engelland (who will never be more than a bottom pairing D). There's some options in FA that we could get instead for around the same money. I wouldn't say they're better, just different. Schenn's age means he has potential to still get better.
That would be great, but we can't trade for Kulemin assuming that'll be the case. The fact of the matter is that he scored 7 goals last season and made 2.3 mil per last year. I'll start giving Kulemin his '10-'11 value when the rest of HF gives Paul Martin his '10-'11 value.

And Schenn was bad last year. For how that affects his value, see above.

Quote:
Actually I think this point works against you. You're saying depth wins, then point to the Oilers and say they needed those two wingers... The Pens have a good supporting cast even if you remove Staal. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, MAF. Remove Staal and replace him with Sutter and Jokinen, or Kulemin and Schenn, and add in Kunitz and that's not a bad lineup, and one that's more evenly balanced than just having the big 3 down the middle with 2 legit top 6 wingers.
No, I'm not. I'm saying that very good players make teams with great players even better. And none of the players offered to us in these deals are very good, nor are they a good bet to become very good.

That's the point. The trades Philly made got them quality depth, because in return for Carter and Richards they got young, blue-chip assets on the upswing. We're getting offered reclamation projects and middle-of-the-road prospects.

Surely you can see the difference.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote