Thread: KHL Draft 2012
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Coramoor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Interesting rule. It is case of Grigorenko and CSKA. I am not sure if отказ/refusal must be done summer after draft or until he is 22 (rights expire). Any idea? Club HAS TO offer contract to protected kid until 1.8. of year draft (in Grigo case it was last summer and CSKA did it, he refused).

This rule above is really important.. because if russian kid is not protected (Tolchinstky, Zadorov), he can refuse contract, play VHL or MHL until he is 22 (rights expire) and then SIGN with whoever in KHL. Grigorenko case is another, CSKA will lost right when he is 22 but he CAN NOT sign in KHL until he is 29 (even with CSKA). Of course, it is my interpretation.... I can be wrong. Therefore I ask you.
dumbest rule ever... Especially as it's so easy to abuse. You'll just get a whole bunch of filatov situations, with KHL teams paying the guys contract back to the NHL team under the table. I get that they want to keep guys in the KHL.However, if you have to resort to such ridiculous rules though you're not proving your league is any good, just that people are afraid of not having a guaranteed paycheck

edit: not implying that filatov's khl team is paying them back, I would seriously doubt that, but that's what it will come to with rules like this

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote